Altay Hasanov: “Our high results and big wins are yet to come”
Baku hosts the FIG Congress. The Vice President of Azerbaijani Gymnastics Federation, Altay Hasanov, told journalists about development of gymnastics in Azerbaijan.
- FIG Congress is a major event. What do you think about its work in Azerbaijan?
- In recent 10 years, Azerbaijan has boosted all gymnastic disciplines. Our federation gained big experience in organization of global-standard events. However, it’s our first time to host not a competition but FIG Congress. Last year, we held the FIG Council Meeting.
Our guests say that the work of Congress is at the highest level. I believe decisions made at the FIG meeting will encourage development of gymnastics in the world. And we are really happy to host the event in Baku. By the way, next year Baku welcomes the Rhythmic Gymnastics World Championships as well as various World Cups in gymnastics. Even though the schedule is really tight, I’m sure we’ll do a great job.
- So next year the heard of world gymnastics will beat in Baku, won’t it?
- It will. Azerbaijan has already made a statement in the gymnastic world. And I believe many big wins are yet to come. Last year, FIG recognized our federation as one of the best gymnastic federations in the world.
- The federation develops all six gymnastic disciplines. Are any of them preferable?
- 10 years ago, rhythmic gymnastics developed more actively than other disciplines in Azerbaijan. And we paid most of our attention to the discipline. However, ahead of the European Games, we decided to restore and develop six gymnastic disciplines. We have some difficulties with that – a lack of human resources. We are constantly searching for coaches. Our high results and big wins are yet to come.