Tatyana Tsybizova: "Tandem of Ilham Aliyev and Mehriban Aliyeva to successfully lead Azerbaijan"
The Parliamentskaya Gazeta held a press conference of Russian deputies yesterday, who summed up the 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Russia and Azerbaijan. Following the results of the event, Vestnik Kavkaza spoke with the deputy of the State Duma, a member of the Committee on Housing Policy and Housing and Communal Services, Tatiana Tsybizova, on key issues of the Russian-Azerbaijani parliamentary and public cooperation.
- Tatyana Igorevna, first of all, how do you estimate the appointment of the First Lady Mehriban Aliyeva as First Vice-President of Azerbaijan - may it affect the intensification of the dialogue between the two countries?
- I believe in women, especially when there is a strong man, a statesman near a woman - then he is an assistant, an adviser and the hardest critic. I am convinced that such a state tandem as has developed in Azerbaijan will make the leadership of the republic even more successful. There are many examples in world history when the last word uttered by a woman put an end to conflicts and served as the beginning of the prosperity of certain states. Russia's experience in this field is the richest, starting with Catherine the Great, and we know how powerful women can be. When we were in Azerbaijan as part of the parliamentary delegation and met with representatives of the authorities and the population, we were convinced that Azerbaijani citizens hope that the coming to power of Mehriban Aliyeva means a new impetus and new prospects for the country.
- As for the parliamentary cooperation with Azerbaijan, how do you assess the bilateral dialogue between the Russian Federal Assembly and the Milli Mejlis of Azerbaijan, are there any plans for this year?
- International cooperation within the framework of the State Duma of the seventh convocation is developing in accordance with the plans. As a member of the parliamentary group for building state interaction between the Azerbaijani and Russian parliaments, I can say that we are at the beginning of the road. Yesterday, we held a press conference in Baku, dedicated to the 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations of our countries, it was attended by representatives of Azerbaijan. I think that through joint efforts we will be able to reach new heights in our parliamentary diplomacy.
- Are any joint events on the anniversary of Victory Day on May 9 planned?
- Traditionally on May 9, all hero cities, all major Russian centers accept a huge number of guests, and this time festive events will be held in Volgograd, Moscow, St. Petersburg, everywhere. Probably, there is no territory which does not consider Victory Day as its holiday, its in our bones. It is a big celebration for every Russian, regardless of age, religion and origin, so, of course, we are waiting for a lot of guests on May 9.
- Is there a cooperation between Russian women's organizations and Azerbaijani ones?
- Today, there are a lot of public organizations in Russia, among them there are those who have a clear female orientation, including various communities for mothers. But I would expand the scope of these movements wider, because the borders are very conditional now. The cooperation between Azerbaijan and Russia confirms this, certain themes allow us to unite more actively. Including, in the counteraction to terrorism and extremism, a struggle against children's problems, projects in sphere of public health services and support of demographic aspects. In fact, it is just a beginning.