Death toll in Istanbul building collapse climbs to 14

Death toll in Istanbul building collapse climbs to 14

The death toll from the collapse of Istanbul building has risen to 14 after three more bodies were recovered, Turkish Interior Minister Süleyman Soylu said.

He said 14 people had been rescued from the debris of the building and rescue work has been ongoing to reach more survivors.

"Those who lost their loved ones in this incident should rest assured that the responsible will be punished," Hurriyet daily cited Soylu as saying.

He did not provide details on the number of people still trapped under the wreckage.

The building, located in Istanbul's Kartal district, collapsed on Feb. 6 while 30 residents were inside. The cause is not yet known.

2925 views





Populars