Death toll in Istanbul building collapse rises to 10

Death toll in Istanbul building collapse rises to 10

The death toll from the collapse of an eight-story building in Istanbul rose to 10, the governor's office for the Turkish city said.

More bodies were pulled from the rubble yesterday raising the death toll to 10, the office of Governor Ali Yerlikaya said, adding that 13 others were injured.

The residential building, in the Kartal district on the Asian side of the city, collapsed on February 6. It was not immediately clear why the building had collapsed.

There were 43 people registered in 14 apartments at the address, but the top three floors of the building had been built illegally. There was a textile workshop operating without a license at the entrance, Reuters reported.

2225 views





Populars