Former Turkish Air Force General takes responsibility for organizing coup
Former Turkish Air Force General Akin Ozturk has taken the responsibility for participation in organizing military coup in the country, NTV channel reported July 18 from Justice Palace in Ankara.
“I began to act with the aim to commit a coup,” said Ozturk while questioning by prosecutor.
On July 15 evening, Turkish authorities said a military coup attempt took place in the country.
Meanwhile, a group of servicemen announced about transition of power to them.
However, the rebelling servicemen started to surrender July 16 and Turkish authorities said the coup attempt failed.
Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim said earlier that 208 people lost their lives in the July 15 military coup attempt.