Majority in UK would vote to stay in EU now

Majority in UK would vote to stay in EU now

The majority of British citizens would vote to remain in the European Union if they were given a second in-out referendum, according to a YouGov poll.

The results of the poll, distributed by the People’s Vote campaign, showed that 56% would vote to stay in the EU and 44% would vote to leave, excluding those who would not vote or didn’t know.

"The Remain lead, 12%, is the highest yet," the People’s Vote cited Peter Kellner, former president of YouGov, as saying.

In the June 23, 2016 referendum, 17.4 million voters, or 51.9%, backed leaving the EU while 16.1 million, or 48.1%, backed staying. The YouGov poll showed 48% would vote to remain, 38% would vote to leave, 6% would not vote and 7% did not know how they would vote. YouGov surveyed 1070 adults, Reuters reported.

3665 views


Vestnik Kavkaza

on YouTube

Subscribe



Populars