Orthodox church to be restored in Shelkovsky district
The Orthodox church of the Holy Martyr Barbara destroyed in 1937 will be restored in the Cossack village of Shelkovskaya, Chechnya. The decision to restore the shrine was taken after the Orthodox community appealed to the head of the republic, Ramzan Kadyrov, the administration of the Shelkovsky district reported.
"The construction will be completed next spring. The temple is designed for 200 parishioners.Thus, there was a small prayer house in the village, now there will be not only a church, but the entire Orthodox complex," the administration reports.