Students hospitalized with carbon monoxide poisoning in Turkey

Students hospitalized with carbon monoxide poisoning in Turkey

More than 100 students staying in a dormitory in Turkey's Çorum province have been hospitalized after being exposed to carbon monoxide.

The 103 students staying in Ömer Derindere Science High School Dormitory for Girls in Osmancık district of Çorum province, were taken to Osmancık State Hospital and Hitit University Erol Olçok Training and Research Hospital, with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning, governor of Çorum Mustafa Çiftçi said.

The governor said that five students were in intensive care, but they are conscious.

"Our students were affected by the carbon monoxide gas leaking in due to the dislocation of the natural gas chimney around 05.40. In the first examinations, it was found that carbon monoxide values were high in their blood and there were no life-threatening risks," Hurriyet Daily cited a statement made by Governor's Office as saying.

2825 views





Populars