Tehran comments on missile attack in Syria

Tehran comments on missile attack in Syria

Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Qassemi praised a missile attack by the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) against Takfiri militants in eastern Syria and said it proved the Islamic Republic’s determination to fight terrorism.

"Any move or act, whether by military or political sectors in the world… definitely conveys special messages," Tasnik cited Qassemi as saying.

According to he spokesman, it can be explicitly said that the missile attack proved “Iran’s serious resolve” to fight terrorism. 

The spokesman expressed hope that other countries would show more serious commitment to anti-terrorism efforts.

The Revolutionary Guards said earlier that 6 missiles were fired into Syria from western Iran, adding that 7 drones were also used to bomb militant targets during the attack, which killed a number of militant leaders and destroyed supplies and infrastructure used by the group.

Twelve Guards were among those killed in the attack on September 22, when gunmen fired on a viewing stand as military officials watched a ceremony in Ahvaz marking the start of Iran’s 1980-1988 war with Iraq. The Ahvaz National Resistance, an Iranian ethnic Arab separatist movement, and ISIS have both claimed responsibility for the attack in which 25 people were killed.

3750 views





Populars