Ekaterina Bolotova: "By 2024, we must enter top 10 countries for education"
The 6th Global Conference on Education Technologies EdCrunch - 2019 was completed in Moscow yesterday. Deputy Director of the Department for Regional Development of the Educational Platform Uchi.ru Ekaterina Bolotova told Vestnik Kavkaza about the platform’s work.
- What exactly is your educational platform?
- 'Uchi.ru' provides interactive tasks that can be solved by all students from any region, from any settlement. This platform has been launched in the 2015 school year. Currently, more than 3 million students from all regions of the Russian Federation use it.
- Do you work in the North Caucasus Federal District as well?
- Of course. We closely cooperate with all the republics. For example, during the last school year we carried out a blended learning project in the Chechen Republic, when schoolchildren studied both with a teacher and by using computers and our platform. The project lead to the doubling of knowledge of those students who took part in the blended learning project. In Dagestan, we conduct large-scale training of teachers in IT expertise and the introduction of electronic learning resource in educational activities. There are similar projects in the Kabardino-Balkarian Republic, Ingushetia and North Ossetia. We actively cooperate with them, and, of course, we will not stop on these projects, but will offer something else, which would be new and interesting for the Caucasus.
- Do you plan to go beyond the borders of the Caucasus Range to work with the countries of the South Caucasus?
- Now we have been developing in the BRICS countries - India, Brazil, South Africa and China. There is also a separate project for the United States. In general, there are no restrictions; any student who wants to study and knows the Russian language can register on the platform, take part in our olympiads or solve tasks from the main course.
- Who came up with the idea of your project?
- Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology graduate Ivan Kolomoets was an originator of the project. He came up with the idea of a social project, so that any student, no matter where he is, what his current knowledge of mathematics is, could study it, understand how to solve complex problems; so that for each student their own individual learning path could be formed. Now it is important for each student to find their own approach. Someone solves tasks quickly, someone slowly. The system adapts to each student and gives a certain number of tasks that they need. This project has grown into a large-scale direction. We are at the forefront of education digitalization in Russia.
- We're talking on the sidelines of the EdCrunch Global Conference. What do we need such events?
- Such events are useful for sharing experiences. Each company, each university, each educational organization talks about what they have achieved, about the practices they have. It is necessary that people see what is happening in other regions, what other organizations can offer.
- Where is Russia in the process of general education digitalization now?
- Russia is the leader on rates of growth of digitalization. The national project 'Education' involves equipping schools with technical equipment, creating a digital educational environment and developing other educational resources. Therefore, Russia is seen as taking the lead in digitalization process. By 2024, our task is to enter the top 10 countries for education, so the pace will increase every year.