Death toll from floods in Turkey rises to 70

Death toll from floods in Turkey rises to 70

The death toll from floods in Turkey's Black Sea region has risen to 70, authorities said on Monday.

Floods caused by heavy rain hit the Black Sea region in the north of the country on Wednesday, leaving 60 people dead in the province of Kastamonu, a Disaster and Emergency Management Authority (AFAD) statement said.

Nine others died in the Sinop province along with one more person in Bartin province. The treatment of eight people still continues in hospitals, Anadolu Agency reported.

A total of 341 people in Bartin, 1,480 in Kastamonu, and 560 in Sinop were evacuated to safe areas, the disaster management agency added.

On Friday, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan visited the Bozkurt district in Kastamonu, the worst-hit flood area. Erdogan announced that the places affected had been declared a disaster area

3045 views


Vestnik Kavkaza

in Instagram

Subscribe



Populars