ISIS claims responsibility for Paris shooting attack
ISIS has claimed responsibility for the shooting attack in Paris that has left one police officer dead and two seriously injured.
In a statement from its Amaq news agency, the extremist group gave a pseudonym for the shooter indicating he was Belgian.
The French interior ministry said it was too early to tell what the motive was for the attack in the Champs-Elysees but President Francois Hollande said he was convinced it was a terrorist attack.
An emergency meeting of security, defence and intelligence officials would be held on Friday, he said in a televised statement.
A counter-terrorism investigation has been opened and police officials said the suspect, who was killed by officers, had previously been flagged as an extremist ,the Independent reported.
The Paris prosecutor's office said it had identified the attacker and was looking into whether he acted alone. Raids are ongoing in the city, it was reported.