Iran releases video it says proves US did not destroy drone

Iran releases video it says proves US did not destroy drone

Iran has released video footage that it says disproves a claim made by the United States that a US warship downed an Iranian drone near the Gulf, Al Jazeera reports.

Iran's state television on Friday broadcast a video, provided by the country's Revolutionary Guard, showing aerial views of ships which it said refuted the US assertion.

The television station said a drone captured the footage and that timing notations indicated the pilotless aircraft was still filming after Washington said it had been downed.

The video came shortly after US President Donald Trump said there was "no doubt" the US Navy had brought down an Iranian drone in the Strait of Hormuz on Thursday.

"No doubt about it, no. We shot it down," Trump told reporters in the White House on Friday.

3765 views


Vestnik Kavkaza

in Tumblr

Subscribe



Populars