More U.S. troops sent from Iraq for medical treatment after missile attack - media
U.S. Central Command announced that additional U.S. troops who were serving at a base in Iraq that was struck by Iranian missiles earlier this month have been transported to an American medical facility in Germany.
The injured service members are separate from the 11 who CENTCOM last week announced had been injured in the January 8 strike.
A Defense official said after the initial 11 service members were evacuated that more injured troops could be identified, CNN reported.
Spokesman for CENTOM Capt. Bill Urban said the additional service members were moved "out of an abundance of caution" and that "it is possible additional injuries may be identified in the future."
CENTCOM did not immediately give an exact number on how many additional service members had been injured in the strike.