Operator of tanker seized by Iran reports direct contact with crew
All 23 crew on a British-flagged tanker seized last week by Iran in the Strait of Hormuz are safe and well, the vessel’s Swedish operator Stena Bulk said after speaking to them.
"We had direct contact with the crew on board the vessel last night by telephone and they’re all okay and in good health and they’re getting good cooperation with the Iranians on board," the firm’s spokesman Pat Adamson said.
Its CEO Erik Hanell said he hoped the contact was "a first sign that we will soon see more positive progress from the Iranian authorities," Reuters reported.
Iran said on July 19 it had seized the Stena Impero because it had collided with a fishing boat. Stena Bulk has said it has received no evidence of such a collision.