Turkish rescuers pulled out 42 people from under rubble
Major search and rescue efforts are underway in eastern Turkey after it was rocked by a 6.8 magnitude earthquake late Friday evening. At least 22 people have died, the country's Disaster and Emergency Management Authority (AFAD) said Saturday, adding that 1,103 were injured, Euronews reports.
Rescue workers searched for people buried under the rubble of collapsed buildings in the Elazig province, the site of the earthquake's epicenter, Turkey's Health Minister Fahrettin Koca said. He also warned that the death toll could rise.AFAD said 42 people had been pulled out from under the rubble since the earthquake, but that an estimated 22 others were still trapped in buildings in the city of Elazig, Euronews informs.